Will people even want to return to the office? This Week On Planet Internet, Limarc, David, and Amy dig into Google's new workplace policy around remote working. They discuss what's coming with Web 3.0 and social media algorithms, and they chat about Elo...
Will people even want to return to the office? This Week On Planet Internet, Limarc, David, and Amy dig into Google's new workplace policy around remote working. They discuss what's coming with Web 3.0 and social media algorithms, and they chat about Elon Musk's latest crazy antics.
🎧 TUNE IN WITH LIMARC, DAVID, AND AMY:
- With 20% of Google's workforce working from home and another 20% working from new offices, will they be investing in more office real estate? Will people even want to go into the office again? (03:40)
- Limarc explains the humanitarian impact of remote work on blue-collar workers that cannot work from home (07:00)
- David says, be the master of your own schedule. Start working at the right time, control your schedule, and structure your day (09:28)
- Kindle controls 83% of e-book publication and therefore the power to Amazon decides which e-books get published and don't. Is this a problem? (12:00)
- Amy imagines what Web 3.0 could look like - what would a decentralized Instagram even look like? (13:55)
- Limarc looks into space law because Elon Musk has a vision for 42,000 Starlink satellites to offer Internet services to remote locations. Are we scared of 80% of the internet being owned by one person? HELL YA WE ARE (19:20)
- What's up with Elon? He claims that Bitcoin is not decentralized, while single-handedly affecting Dogecoin's price (23:49)
- David imagines a world where the percentage of profitable small business in relation to the population is much hire (29:53)
🗒️ SHOW NOTES:
Elon Musk Says Bitcoin Isn't Decentralized as He Goes to War With Crypto Bulls by Sophie Kiderlin: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/372098
Google expects "20% of its employees to work from home after its offices reopen later this year", according to Jordan Novet of CNBC.
How important is Web 3.0? Check out Anton Dzyatkovskii's Hacker Noon Article: https://hackernoon.com/why-do-we-urgently-need-web-30-8j2r35cq
Starlink is changing the game and Khunshan Ahmad has a Hacker Noon hot take on it: https://hackernoon.com/how-starlink-is-disrupting-the-internet-mj2o3496